You will have more in common with me than with any other person who wants the privilege to call themselves your Representative.
Michael G. Fulks:
- Born to an American Airman and English wife in England, 1956,
- raised as “military brat” as my father was posted around the world,
- lived in South Carolina, Georgia, New Mexico, California, England, Germany, Spain,
- and Oklahoma resident since 1992.
served with British Army 1975-1979,
served with American Army Reserves 1991.
- retail butchers,
- truck driver,
- managed a finance company in Arkansas,
- sold solar equipment during early 1980′s,
- manufacturing (metal fabricator – office furniture, school buses and equipment cabinets),
- local crew leader Census 2000,
- worked with railroads (crew driver),
- pulp wood cutter,
- rock mason,
- sawyer (own a small sawmill),
- 6 years as a trail builder with Arkansas State Parks,
- small business owner of Internet business,
- 10 years working in education (Blackboard Administrator for Carl Albert State College).
I met my wife in 1991 after I returned from serving with the Army Reserves. I worked with her mother who arranged for us to meet. After dating for 2 years we were married in Page Baptist Church and her three daughters were part of the ceremony.
After the girls grew up and left home we trained as therapeutic foster parents and provided a home for those who had failed in foster care.
Today, my wife is disabled from a combination of work-related injuries. Her retired mother lives in an apartment we built as part of our home.